Sunday, April 19, 2009

A new week... A new start

Most people dread the start of the new week... I usually am one of those people. BUT i am not that person this week : ) i am just so happy to have a new week to start out fresh. This week has been emotionally very hard and just exhausting. It could be much worse i know that is why i am not writing how much i hate my life just saying i am ready for a fresh week. The man i have looked up to my entire life, the man who raised me and looked after me and stood by my side. My dad. His vision in one eye went off, like everything was bent. He went to the eye doctor to be told that what damage has taken place is permanent. They told him that his eye condition macular degeneration was the "wet" kind which they already knew but they didn't know was that a blood vessel had burst leaking blood into his vision. So they gave him two shots in his retna and said pretty much we hope it stops the bleeding. That the best case scenario that the shot stops the bleeding to help preserve what is left of his vision in that eye. The other news when that happens it usually spreads to the other eye. So there is a great chance he will lose his eye sight. I was very upset by this news just the thought that lasted one second in my mind, He might never see our kids. I was devastated. But i know things will work out. I just love him so much he has taught me so much that i can't even begin to explain. I just continue to pray the shots will help. Hope is all i can ask for. i know life could be worse it always can be and i am thankful that its not... you just never like seeing the man who you grew up with always suspecting he might really be superman be in any sort of pain, or weak . This next coming week will be great i can already feel it : )

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Jamie, I am so sorry to hear that about your father. Hang in there. I will be thinking about you and your Dad!

Britanee Walker said...

that's so sad to hear about your dad! he's always been like another dad to me and we've had plenty of fun times. he'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lowe family recipes said...

Jamie, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope it will all go well for your dad. We'll all keep him in our family prayers.

Unknown said...

Jamie I am sorry to hear about your Dad. It's hard to watch those we love hurting or in pain. He'll be in my prayers.

Siri Elaine said...

JAMIE! ITS ME SIRI!! WE CAN BE BLOG BUDDIES!!