Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Friendship....

One of my best friends wrote this on her blog about a week after dylan was born... I read it and just started crying it really shows you the true meaning of friendship. Well that and she drove all the way from idaho after work the day he was born to come to the hospital to see him. I mean this girl is the girl that should be posted in the dictionary under friendship. I love Abby to death she has been there through many talks and many hard times for me. I LOVE her and i mean LOVE! Thanks abby for making my day your the best friend a girl could have!
So last week my very lovely friend Jamie had her baby! He is absolutely perfect. I got to be at the hospital the night she had him about five hours later. It was such a miracle to behold.
I got pretty emotional and tried my hardest to not cry. She and her husband are just such amazing examples and have helped me through what was such a difficult time in my life with so much transition and change. It was so crazy to watch Jamie be a mom. She's such a natural and Jon is such a sweet daddy. The two of them with Dylan. Man, it just brings a lot to your mind when you get to have a glimpse into what this life is all about.
I held Dylan for about an hour while we caught up and I asked Jamie every question in the book. Like I said, what an amazing example. He was so warm, and he smelled so good and he wass so tiny! I wanted to open the blanket and just put my cheek to his little chest and hear that little heartbeat. His soft little skin, and adorable wrinkled little feet. I couldn't get enough. He had a ton of dark hair too. He has this little crunched ear just like Jamie's on his left I think it is. He's a perfect mixture of Jon and Jame to a T. I wanted to squeeze him and keep him.
I listened to his little coos and sighs and grunts while he was dreaming. Ah, I loved it.
I felt really bad because I missed almost all of Jamie's pregnancy. I saw her at about three months like right after she'd found out that she was having him. Anyway, she makes it look easy.

1 comment:

Lowe family recipes said...

WOw Jamie, What an amazing friend you have. You and Jon are the best!