Monday, March 15, 2010

Labor and Delivery


I wanted to post my experience of my labor with Dylan before i forget it all, since this is my journal. I went into Orem Community Hospital on Feb. 9th my origianl due date at 5:30 in the morning to be induced. I recieved my iv at around 6:30 after all the questions they ask. I got contractions soon after that but honestly t felt like i was just on a normal period... That is why that time of month for me is a pure week of hell. They broke my water at around 9:30 and i recived my epidural and oh i would say around 11:00. I feel blessed for that for sure i wouldnt want to think about doing it without it. I then just relaxed and waited at a 3 for quite sometime... The reason i was not progressing was still unknown at this point so they put in a internal monitor to make sure my contractions were strong enought and to watch the babys heart rate. Come to find out our precious little Dylan had extra protection around him and that was the reason i wasnt progressing, he had two sacks around him and the second one hadnt broke just quite yet. But my contractions were as strong as they needed to be his heart was perfect it was just a waiting game. After the second water broke i went to a five, then a eight, and then with in ten minutes i was at a ten. It was go time. I had thrown up right when i was changing from a five to an eight and now was shivering/shaking like crazy. I was blessed to have my mom there who rubbed my back and kept my mind off things at least for the moment. It was time to start pushing. I pushed for 30 minutes and Dylan arrived at 4:59pm. The doctor in charge of cleaning his lungs and checking him out was so suprised about how active he already was, he even came up and asked me if he was always this active i just laughed and said yes always. I was so greatful for that while i was pregnant and i still was because i knew he was ok. Dylan had slight breathing trouble after he was delivered so they took him to the nursery to check him out. Turns out he had a slight heart murmer which was all gone by the second day in the hospital so we were extremly lucky. He got his bath that night after all our visitors had held him and just fell in love. Our hospital stay was great and my delivery was amazing. I must be crazy but i absolutly loved everything about labor and delivery, i don't think i have ever felt so close to jon and the feeling you get when you first see your child was as close to heaven as you could ever get in my opinion. I LOVED every moment.

No comments: